Sunday, April 8, 2012

Introduction To My Haunted House

This blog is about my haunted house. In the mid-1990s my husband retired from the military, and we bought our first home. It's just a small house in an old neighborhood at the beach. The day I bought the house, I was driving around looking for for-sale signs. This house had only been on the market one day, and the elderly couple who were selling it said they were anxious to sell because they were moving back to their hometown in North Carolina. I took a brief tour through the house, and fell in love with it instantly. We closed the deal that evening, and the owner even offered to pay the points, so our mortgage was very reasonable.

The first night we moved in the house, my daughter came screaming out of her bedroom because she saw a man float through her bedroom wall and it looked like he was going to float through her. She was a young teenager prone to trips in Fantasyland, so we assured her that there are no such things as ghosts. Then, I went back to her room with her and stayed there until she fell asleep. I explained to her that she was just stressed because she was sleeping in a new bedroom in a new house and everything felt strange around us.

Her father and I didn't believe in haunted houses. I've always held a firm belief that when someone dies they go on to eternity. They don't stay around to hide out in my art room. My daughter continued to have problems with her bedroom. She saw small balls of light streaking through the room going from the hallway into her closet. She complained that her desk vibrated when she tried sitting at it to do her homework. She also saw a dark solid figure walk through her room and would sometimes awaken to the dark figure standing beside her bed watching her.

I had to admit that the house was a bit weird. Many times in the late afternoon I heard the front door slam and footsteps to the middle of our Florida room. Thinking that someone was home early because they were ill or my husband was having a problem with his job, I would call out, "You're home early. Is there a problem?" When I walked out to the Florida room no one was there and the front door was locked. At other times, it sounded like someone was in the kitchen rattling dishes as if they were preparing a snack or getting something to drink. The only problem is, I was in the house alone.

These things kept on for years. When you have a haunted house the entities kind of sneak up on you. The paranormal incidences increase gradually. They become a part of your daily life, and although it can be creepy, it's not the kind of scary you see in movies.

In the early 2000's the television show Ghost Hunters aired. Their Halloween special was the first time I had seen video proof that something does exist and heard my first EVP's.

Months later, I heard on the evening news that Dustin Pari was in St. Augustine doing a ghost hunt. My husband and I got in our truck and drove down to the St. Augustine lighthouse. We talked with Dustin, and he assured us that we were not crazy and referred us to a paranormal team in Florida. The paranormal team found evidence that our house is indeed haunted.

Since that time, we've had two teams of investigators research our house. We have also had a television show produced about the house. Another unusual thing about this haunting is this is not the only house in the neighborhood with paranormal activity. There are at least three other houses in the neighborhood we know to have paranormal activity. It is known as a cluster haunting in paranormal circles.

I am not a psychic, paranormal researcher, or paranormal enthusiast. I just happen to have purchased a haunted house. I don't really know what these things are in my house, but I know they exist. The only thing I know for sure is they are a form of energy. They are also intelligent and can answer questions and carry on conversations among themselves and with investigators.

This blog will give me the opportunity to share with others what happens in a real haunted house. This is such an incredible experience, I decided to write a memoir. Have you ever wondered what happens after the ghost Hunter team leaves the house? What is it like to live with paranormal activity on a daily basis? I found writing the memoir helpful to define my own feelings about this. I'm still working on the book, and I discovered a lot about myself and my beliefs through writing the book. It's not just about things going bump in the night. It's about what happens to someone when their entire belief system is challenged.

I hope to hear from others who have a similar situation and deal with paranormal activity every day. My house is what is also known as very active. Things happen here on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. It can be frightening. It can be creepy, and it can be funny.

I've gotten many requests by paranormal groups to investigate this house. Since this is not a commercial property and it's my home, investigations are too invasive. I realized that the research is important to paranormal groups. Therefore, I've set up the ghost cam in my art room where most of the activity happens. This is not a moneymaking site. We do not offer ghost hunts, T-shirts, or other souvenirs.

I am a working artist, so I will be using the art room at different times during the day and evening. You will just have to put up with my intrusion. That might not be a bad thing since the ghosts say they like to watch me paint and make jewelry. I've noticed activity when I'm in there working. I hear things slide around on the shelves behind me, knocks and banging in the closet, and occasionally my drafting table starts vibrating. As time goes on, we will refine our cameras and audio equipment. I appreciate any technical advice you can give me. I want the site to work well for true paranormal investigators. The paranormal teams have helped me to learn how to live with this type of activity, and I want to help them in their quest.

I will try to post new happenings and updates on the house. You can watch the art room at http://www.hauntedartist.com

Ciao,
Caterina

No comments:

Post a Comment