Thursday, April 19, 2012

Hump Day Thoughts

I guess it is over a week now that the cam has been on. Thankfully, the ghosts must not mind the new stuff in the art studio. They haven't appeared visually in my bedroom, hallway, or dining room. The lights haven't been going on and off by themselves, and they havent thrown any of my stuff around. All is peaceful. I like peaceful.

I still hear chatter in the background. I wonder what causes the footsteps. If a ghost can pass through a wall or door, then what is keeping it from falling through the earth and ending up in China coming out of the ground there feet first? Also, how can they make loud footsteps? They don't weigh anything if they are a mass of ectoplasm. By the way, I looked up ectoplasm.

Ectoplasm
(from the Greek ektos, meaning "outside", and plasma, meaning "something formed or molded") is a term coined by Charles Richet to denote a substance or spiritual energy "exteriorized" by physical mediums. Ectoplasm is said to be associated with the formation of spirits, however since World War II reports of ectoplasmic phenomena have declined and many psychical researchers doubt whether genuine cases ever existed. (Jan Dirk Blom A Dictionary of Hallucinations 2009, p. 168)

Here's something else from Wikipedia: Ectoplasm on many occasions has been proven to be based on fraud. Many mediums had used methods of swallowing and regurgitating textile products smoothed with potato starch and in other cases the ectoplasm was made of paper, cloth and egg white or butter muslin.

I hope you aren't eating breakfast while reading this!

Back to the football-player-sized ghosts with the tap-dancing cleats on their cowboy boots. I can hear them stirring through my pencils and brushes which are sitting in different parts of the room in plastic coffee cans. I like Folger's Simply Smooth. I also hear my chair creak like someone just sat down in it. Sometimes it sounds like it is rolling around. They also talk to each other and whisper a lot. I'd think it would be difficult to find something to talk about with the same group of people after 150 years.

On a deeper note, if I died, I'd want to move on to the "next act" in our existence. I wouldn't want to hang out in some artist's studio, by the way, which I share with my cats. Especially, when my two cats were having urine-squirting wars with each other and the new cat across the street. The exclamation we recorded on one EVP during this time was "It sure stinks in here, lady!" I agreed with her and hosed the place down with No More Spray cleaner and lots of hot water mopping before they settled their territorial dispute.

I hope the ghosts at least sit down and watch TV with us at night. The Big Bang Theory, NCIS, and Blue Bloods could help them along with some of the boredom one might suffer with an eternity trapped in a 2400 s.f. ranch home. They told one team of investigators they like hanging out here because we are fun people. See, they do get bored.

Caterina

No comments:

Post a Comment