Wednesday, April 11, 2012

First Night With the Cam

My first evening listening to the art room ghost cam was a success. The night before, I didn't get much time to listen to it. I also didn't have a chat on my website, and we were having all sorts of technical problems with the microphone, WebCam, and page design. I hate techno stuff. I'm a right brained artist, and technical things just make me crazy.

I am only going to turn the microphone on at night. There's so much happening in this house during the day, the human kind of happening, that you would not be able to hear my ghosts. I also need time during the day to work in my studio, and I always play music while I'm working. I can't paint and make jewelry without listening to music. One time I asked the ghosts during an EVP session if they liked my music. One of the ghosts said, "Catchy!" I've always wondered if they enjoy the music that I play in the art room. I guess I figure, if I had the problem of being dead and stuck in someone's art room, I'd like to hear some good music during the day. I guess I play the music for myself and for my unseen art room partners.

As soon as I turned up the volume on my headphones, I heard some of the same voices that I hear in the EVP's from the different investigations. There was lots of whispering. At one point, I heard the woman spirit's voice humming near the microphone. I know it was her, because by now, I recognize her voice. I've also heard her do this humming during paranormal investigations. During the evening, I had some visits from other paranormal enthusiasts. They were treated to lots of tapping, a few growls, the lady humming, and the man talking. At one point, they asked me to go check on the room to see if I was hearing these noises in the room, and to find out where some of the taps were coming from. I walked out of my room and into the hallway on the other side of the house where my art studio is. I could hear absolutely nothing there. The whole house was silent.

I returned to the other side of the house from my art room and continued to listen. I heard loud footsteps, more tapping, and whispering. Sometimes the whispering is audible, and I can hear it without the aid of a digital recorder. I think the difference, from the night before, was I opened the closet door and left it open. I will close the closet door during the day.

My black cat Lucy joins me while I'm working in the daytime, and she likes to get into my closet and root around. I also don't want her to scratch the paintings that I store in there. Many times, you will see Lucy watching me from her perch on top of the white canvas chair. The white canvas chair, called a Sedan chair, was purchased at a garage sale in St. Augustine Florida sold by someone connected to Zorayda Castle in St. Augustine. I thought it was one of the coolest chairs I've ever seen. Now, it serves as my thinking chair. Before it found a home in my art room, it could have been used to ride on one's camel, or have one's servants carry one through the streets of ancient Arabia. It has that Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves flavor. Lucy just thinks it's her observation deck.

During the evening, one of the listeners, said they heard a man's voice say, "We need to get control again." That sounds like the one grouchy ghost who lives here. The listeners asked me to go to the art room. I went in there for a little while and started making a bracelet. I was having a problem seeing, and I couldn't find the cord to light my drafting table light. I said, "Oh, great." The listeners said after I began searching for the light cord, they heard a man's voice say, "What's the problem?" I've heard questions like this before while I'm painting. It seems that one ghost in particular likes to monitor my drawing, painting, and jewelry making, adding comments as I work.

When the first team, CAPE Paranormal did an investigation, they were in my art room asking questions. They asked the ghosts if they like my paintings, like to watch me work, and like when I sell a painting. The answers to these questions were they like my paintings, like to watch me work, and do not want me to sell my paintings. When asked if I have a reason to be uncomfortable in my art room the ghosts answered, "Yes." I can feel them in there behind me watching me. Now that I know they are there, I'm not as uncomfortable.

During the TV show, the ghosts were asked to knock on their favorite painting. They knocked several times on a painting that I now have hanging in my art room. You can watch the TV show called Local Haunts on the www.hauntedartist.com webpage. During the show, you will hear the female ghost say "they make me laugh." I agree with her. The crew and stars of the show were fun to work with and made the whole experience a good time. Local Haunts should be a nationally broadcast show. They bring humor to the ghost hunting genre, and they did an excellent job communicating with the ghosts and getting interesting EVP's. The cowboy ghosts here in this house thought Amy was quite attractive. She is. Amy is the producer's sister and a lovely person.

I will let you know what happens during my next chat and cam monitoring.

Caterina

No comments:

Post a Comment