Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's hump day once again, and only three days till Cinco de Mayo.  Since all the Mexican restaurants will be packed, I decided to make my own Mexican dinner. This year, I'm going to try making tamales from scratch. Coming from an Italian family, I don't have much background in the art of Mexican cooking.  It's time to go to the food network channel and look up tamale recipes. Maybe I'll find a website by a genuine Mexican chef.

Now, for an update on my haunted art studio Project.  We finally have a new IR camera mounted on the ceiling that takes in almost the entire art studio, and also, a new microphone. For some reason the new microphone is not picking up the whispering as much as the old microphone. However, the old microphone is attached to the Webcam. I'm not sure what to do about this, but I think I will try using the old Webcam as only a microphone. We've had so many problems setting up the system, I'm really afraid to mess with it.  Eventually, when the site becomes popular and I have a lot of visitors per night, I would like to invite guest investigators to do an investigation and broadcast it in real time. I think it would be interesting.

I've also had another idea.  I'm considering putting our leftover IR camera in the main part of the house focused on the front door.  This is the flight path of our afternoon spirit who slams the front door walks to the middle of the Florida room and then disappears.  I was advised by C.A.P.E. Paranormal to yell "hey you" when I see the apparition walk through the room. If it's an intelligent spirit and not a residual haunt, he should respond. I did what they told me to do. Not only did I yell to him, but I ran after him into the living room. He did not respond, stop, or turn.  I guess he's a residual haunt.  One investigator suggested that this apparition might be one of the cracker cowboys who took care of the homestead coming into the barn to feed the animals. This seems logical since he comes through the house at approximately the same time during the day, and this would be the time of day that one would feed the animals.  I grew up in a county of farmland, and this would be the time of day when my uncles called the cows in from the fields fed them and milked them.

Departing from the subject a bit, I've always liked cows. They have such beautiful eyes and long luxurious eyelashes.  Most have a wonderful temperament.  They seem quite intelligent, and as with other animals, they know their feeding time.  On my uncle's farm, the cows would start their march toward the barn without having to call them.  They would go to their individual stalls and stick their heads through the pipe harnesses waiting for their dinner.  Dinner smelled lovely because it was a mix of grain, flax pellets, and molasses.  I watched my uncle make the mix and then feed the cows.  While the cows were busy eating, he would attach the automatic milking machines.  They were so busy eating; they didn't mind the milking machines.  On a hot summer day while I helped with the chores, we would stop in the milk room where there was a huge vat of constantly churned and refrigerated milk waiting for the milk tanker to arrive.  We would take a long ladle, dip it in the cold milk, and pour it into cups for a refreshing milk break.  It was so rich and creamy.

Well enough woolgathering.  It's time to start my day.  I'm trying to figure out how to allow everyone to comment on my blog.  Be patient with me. I am exceptionally technologically challenged.

Caterina

1 comment:

  1. Thank u so much for placing a cam in ur room and letting us pc investigators (lol) into ur home..my name is Michelle..im from Pittsburgh, Pa..nice to meet u!i used to moderate a few paranormal shows on the internet and i just love em!! WELCOME to the paranormal community!! Sincerely, Bella P.S. im also an artist :)

    ReplyDelete