Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Stormy Week


It's another hump day, and we've had thunderstorms all week. I've been trying to observe the house more carefully since we've started this project.  There have been more and louder clicks and knocks during storms. The dogs have been whining and restless for hours at a time. The cat's have been on edge and easily spooked (no pun intended).  The animals seem to stare at nothing there. The cats stare, look frightened, and run and hide. It seems like odd behavior to me, but I've never really noticed before.  Maybe it's the storms themselves that put everyone on edge… then again, maybe not.  I can only guess.

We've decided to put a camera in the main part of the house. Remembering what hassles we went through with the other camera and set up, I dread the process. Though, I think it's necessary to have a camera in the main part of the house. I'm sure it will be interesting to our watchers. It may lead to more knowledge and discovery about the house. I think that in itself is worth the trouble. We will have the camera available from 11 PM to 5:30 AM. We will not have the sound on in the main part of the house unless the sounds from the televisions in the bedrooms do not interrupt broadcasts.  I want to enjoy late-night television. It's the only time of day not interrupted by human activity, telephone calls, visitors, and the usual chaos.

Late night, is my favorite time of day.  It is my time to sit in my lounge chair, have a snack, and tune in to a movie or watch what I've recorded on our DVR.  Late-night, in this house, is the only time when nothing or no one interrupts my movie time except knocking and tapping, doors opening and closing by themselves, footsteps, and flying balls of light. I've learned to ignore all that.  Ghosts are far less annoying than a cell phone!  Sometimes I use the late-night hours to create art, make a piece of jewelry, read my Nook, or write my memoir.

See you on the cam. Come and chat with me. Leave me a comment in my blog or on Ustream. You can also follow the adventures of the Haunted Artist on twitter at @Caterina_L

Ciao,
Caterina

No comments:

Post a Comment